Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

2001 chevy impala: the coolant level..radiator..sensor located

Customer Question

I have a 2001 chevy impala with a 3400 engine. The low coolant message keeps coming on even though the coolant level in the radiator & overflow tank is at the propper level.
What is causing this and how can I get it to stop? Also where is the sensor located that is sending this message?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

This sounds like you are going to have a faulty Coolant Level Sensor. There is actually a Technical Service Bulletin on this issue that states that oil contamination in the coolant can make the sensor fail. Make sure the coolant is clean, and has no signs of oil before replacing with a new sensor, or the new sensor will fail prematurely as well.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? If you have any follow-up questions, please ask! I see you have made a deposit, but have not yet clicked Accept. If you need more help, please ask. If you have made a deposit, but have not clicked Accept, you will still be charged your deposit amount. Just Answer will be paid, however, the Tech that actually helped you, Me, does not! Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great site that it is! If you are satisfied with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept. If you cannot find the Accept button, simply type "I Accept" in reply to this message.

Thanks in advance!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

It costs the Techs here money each day to provide you with quality information. If you do not click ACCEPT you are hurting the Techs that help you, and it will show on your Ask/Accept ratio on your account, which will make it harder for you to get your next question answered. If the information you are given helps you, click ACCEPT. You are saving money by asking your question here rather than paying diagnostic fees, so do the right thing, and Click Accept to pay your tech!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I clicked the accept button on Monday August 9. There were 4 different e-mails asking for this but I think I only need to do it once. I also signed up for the monthly charge so the payment is taken care of. I believe you gave me the correct answer for my problem & am completely satisfied with this. I do not check my e-mails every day so that is the reaqson for the delay.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the inconvenice. The JA system must be on a lag as it did not show you clicked accept until today. Sorry.

Glad I could help! Have a great day!