GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman - GM World Class Tech
Experience:  GM
6758627

2003 suburban: passenger door..lost power..mirror..the fuses

2003 suburban, front passenger door has lost power to all electrically devices (window, lock, and mirror). In addition, the remote control will not lock or unlock the car and the internal lamp will not operate when that door is opened. I have looked through the manual and check the fuses to the best of my knowledge. I believe some type of power connector has become disconnected either in the door or under the hood.

What is your opinion.

Best Regards,
Elliot
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GMTechBernard replied 7 years ago.

Hello! I see this quite a bit! The passenger door switch assembly is actually a computer, called the Passenger Door Module (PDM). The PDM controls all functions of the passenger door AND the keyless entry (it acts as the receiver for the transmitters). Like any home or laptop computer, it can lock up and need to be rebooted. To perform this reboot, look in the Left Fuse Panel (on the left side of the dash, you have to open the drivers door to access it (remove the cover) and look for the PDM fuse. Remove this fuse for 10 minutes and then re-install and check for the functions of the door.

If that doesn't help, then you will need to manually disconnect the PDM at the door.