GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

SSR: overheats..AC..a new thermestat, I installed a K&N air filter

Customer Question

My 6.0 SSR overheats any day it is warm. It is better with the AC on. The dealer put in a new thermestat, I installed a K&N air filter. I have considered a cat-back system, but I don't think that is the answer.
The dealer say's the cooling fan turns on at 226 degrees, and"is working as designed". They won't touch the main computer.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  goodwrench9124 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome. when you say over heat? does this mean that the gauge goes all the way over to red? and coolant boils out of the coolant tank?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
An answer, (Iassume) apearred on the screen for about one second. I could read it.
I didn't post answer just yet, i was looking for some more info, so I can help you. when you say the truck over heats, does this mean the temp gauge is going all the way over to the red? and coolant boils out of the coolant tank?