Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 chevy suburban 1500: wheel drive..ac..it only blows air..cooling…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 chevy...
I have a 2003 chevy surban 1500XXXXXthe ac in the rear works but it only blows air in the front with no cooling
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/30/2010
Chevy Mechanic: JHoop, Chevy Technician replied 8 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Is this automatic climate control?
no it does not hace climate control only adjustment for fan speed and warm to cold.the fan works both front and rear cools in the back with the rear temperature control
Is the Lo side line going into the firewall cold?
the high and low side go through the firewall just above the accumulator and the rear unit splits below the accumulator both high and low going under the floorboard to the rear.    I neglected to mention that the fan in the front unit doesn,t run on low speed . However, it has been that way for almost a year and did not affect the ac operation.
Please check this.Is the Lo side line going into the firewall cold?
no the high side is cold but the low side is not cold
Sorry I was away.

Do you still need help?