Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1991 chevy s10: with a 4.3 engine the wipers stopped working..fuses…

I have a 1991 chevy...
I have a 1991 chevy s10 with a 4.3 engine the wipers stopped working .here's what i have tried i replaced the wiper motor.i checked the fuses they are good.is their anything else besides the wiper switch on this kind of vehicle that i havent checked you could help me with?
6/29/2010
JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Is there 12v at the white wire to the wiper motor?

I dont know?can you send me a diagram or something showing me and how can i check it?

If you have 12v to the white wire the wiper switch is bad.

A 12v test light is used to check this.

If there is not 12v to the white wire the wiper fuse is blown.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesisitate to ask If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but do not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged, but I don't get credit! Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you! Thanks, JHoop
JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Hi can you tell me how to Hot wire a wiper motor to a toggle switch?Do i need a fuse to run to it and if so how do i do it.which wires going to the wiper motor do i hook into?
I do not do hot wiring of anything. Here is the repair procedure.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.JHoop