Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 Silverado 2500 HD: pickup truck..CDs stuck in the CD player…

I have a 2006 Silverado...
I have a 2006 Silverado 2500 HD pickup truck. There are CDs stuck in the CD player. How do I eject them?
6/29/2010
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Chat Conversation Started
GM Tech (Cam) :

Welcome.

Customer :

Good morning

Customer :

The unit cycles like it's trying to eject the CDs but nothing ejects. There are at least 4 CDs in the changer.

Customer :

It won't play any of the CDs in it.

GM Tech (Cam) :

OK, this usually does not end with a simple fix. What I suggest is you take the Radio fuse out for 1 min, then put it back in and see if the radio will then eject them.

GM Tech (Cam) :

If not then I am sorry to say there is nothing simple left to do, the changer inside the radio has failed

Customer :

Rats...OK. I was afraid of that. Thank you for confirming my fears.

Customer :

I've had it completely out of the truck so it was fully powered off, so I think you're right. Thank you.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Check out e-bay, I have seen some great prices on units there.

Customer :

Will do. That might be the best alternative. If I find one will I have to have it reprogrammed for my truck?

Customer :

Great...thank you.

GM Tech (Cam) :

You are welcome.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician