Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Star: My trailblazer 2003 when is running..55 mph

Customer Question
My trailblazer 2003 when is...
My trailblazer 2003 when is running at 55 mph star to go back and forward suddenly, and I take to a mechanic and put the computer and He says the truck dodent have nothing but still have the problem, What could be the problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/29/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician
What do you mean it goes back and fourth? Thanks.
When its drives at 1650 RPM sudenly lows to 1400 RPM in Mexico we call this : SE TIRONEA, I don t know if You understan whta I tray to explain.
Ok, it sounds like your torque converter is kicking in and out which is caused by the torque converter solenoid. The problem is most likely that solenoid otherwise the throttle position sensor. let me know if you have questions. Thanks.
But its normal that if puts the computer dosent show that any sensor its bad
Yes it is normal for the computer not always to pick up a problem.....Shift it out of overdrive and see if the problem stops if so its the solenoid if not then clean the throttle body which is also a common problem with this vehicle.
I already change the solenoid and clean the throtle body but still the same.

At this point you need to have vehicle connect to a scantool when problem happens because it sounds like you may have a engine performance issue and nothing to do with the transmission at all. then depending on what you find from there let me know. thanks.