Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1999 Chevrolet: throttle..bog..Loses power past 1000 rpms…

Customer Question
1999 Chevrolet Silverado has mid...
1999 Chevrolet Silverado has mid throttle bog. Loses power past 1000 rpms. What is the problem.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/29/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Matt D, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Matt D
Matt D, ASE Certified Technician
Hi. i would look into the tps. These have a common problem if used on highway speeds or cruise control. Just back probe the wires with a multimeter and open the throttle slowly. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks Matt
K...I will check and let u know.....Have to find my Volt Meter....

How do you set the TPS Sensor properly to see if it fixes it?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you i was not near my computer. There is no adjustment for the TPS. As long as the lever lines up in the throttle body. Let me know if i can help with anything else. Matt

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. It was not the tps sensor. I'm almost embarrassed to tell you what it was. I never thought to check the little things because it ran find up to around mid throttle. The truck sat for a while before it was brought to me. in the mean time of it sitting, a squirrell built a nest in the bottom of the air filter box. So when it really needed the air it was sucking the nest to the bottom of the filter. Like I said, embarrassing. Sad part is, I took to my local GM dealership and they said the converters were stopped up.....they didn't find it either!!!!!.....LOL!!!! Thanks for trying though!!!