Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wagon: ok the first couple..intermitant starting problems..gas line…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Optra...
I have a 2006 Optra LT Wagon, purchased off lease. It was ok the first couple of months, but now it has intermitant starting problems in the morning. It seems like there is no gas in the gas line. After a few cranks, it will catch and go. For the rest of the day there is no problem.

I read on the internet that this has been an identified problem right from the start.

Is there a fix for the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/27/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Master Technician/shop foreman replied 8 years ago
Eric, Master Technician/shop foreman
Hi, there is a technical service bulletin from GM that might be your issue. It only applies to a certain group of VIN numbers. If you could give me your VIN number i can check to see it applies to your car. Thanks,Eric
Hi, The VIN is: KL1J89Z76K246692
Okay, i checked your VIN number and it does fall into the listing from GM. It calls for reflashing the computer on the car because of a hard start condition usually after sitting over night and then it is okay to start the rest of the day. Sounds like this may address your concern. You have to take it to a dealer though to have it done. Tell the dealer to reference tsb #06-06-04-055A. Let me know if i can help you further. Please click on accept if this has helped you. Thanks, Eric
Eric, Master Technician/shop foreman
Thank you. Is this an ongoing problem. The vehicle was running well for the first two months. Guess the computer develops bugs after a while.
The computer reflash has to do with a lean fuel condition. The amount of time the injectors are pulsed on is being changed.