Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

CHEVY: STOP WORKING AND MOST..ELECTRICAL PROBLEM..WHATS..MY VEHICLE…

Customer Question
I HAVE BEEN HAVING A...
I HAVE BEEN HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE WITH MY POWERS WINDOWS THAT EVERY TIME I PUT IN A 30A IT WOULD WORK FOR A WHILE AND THAN STOP WORKING AND MOST OF THE TIME MY WINDOWS WOULD GET STUCK HALF WAY AND I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CLOSE THEM I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO KEEP PUTTING IN MY FUSES JUST TO GET THE WINDOWS TO WORK. THIS ELECTRICAL PROBLEM IS ALSO AFFECTING MY CIGARETTE LIGHT AND I AM UNABLE TO CHARGE MY CELL PHONE OR USE MY GPS SYSTEM BECAUSE OF WHATS GOING ON I TOOK IT TO SEVERAL MECHANICS WHO REALLY DON'T KNOW AS WELL AS AUTO STRAUSS WHO'ES MECHANICS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE RELIABLE. I ALSO NEED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD BE A FARE PRICE SINCE I AM LIVING ON A FIX INCOME AND I ALREADY WASTED MONEY THAT I REALLY DIDN'T HAVE ONLY TO BE PUSH BACK TO SQUARED ONE BY THE WAY MY VEHICLE IS A CHEVY 2005 AVEO. PLEASE HELP!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/26/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Hipo64, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Hipo64
Hipo64, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, you may have shortage or one of the motors is bad and is drawing a lot of power and thats way fuse is blowing. Try to disconnect window motors one by one and when problem is gone then you will now which door is the culprit. also inspect the wiring harness inside the rubber isolation between doors and body, many times wiring will brake from frequent door opening and closing.

Let me know if you have found something.

Pavlin

Relist: Answer quality.
I am not please because of the answer quality and the very bad spelling not to mention the answer was also confusing as you know I told you that I was told I had an electrical shortage somewhere in the car that was affecting the windows and the cigarette light of which he fail to mention if there was some sort of connection between the two. I was very specific and clear describing my problem but the mechanic who responded to my question didn't help due to the poor grammar, spelling and the overall confusing with his answer.
Chevy Mechanic: Matt J, Chevy Technician replied 8 years ago
Matt J
Matt J, Chevy Technician

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be more than happy to assist you.

I will take this question over since it should have been sent to the Chevy Experts.

I do have a few questions

Does is seem like when the fuse blows it only happens when you roll up one certain window?

I can't honestly said if it happens when I roll up one or more windows but it can sometimes happen if I am driving for a short while and decide to roll them up before getting out of the car or to turn on the a/c I also notice if I put in the cigarette ligther that it seem to have an affect on the windows as well. I did take the car to auto strauss and other mechanic which inform me that I have a bad electrical storage somewhere in the car because every time I put a fuse in it blows out and I can't raise the windows back up I also would like to know what is the estimated cost to fix this problem that would be considered fare.
At this point the best thing to do is operate one window at a time. if the window you are operating blows the fuse then that window motor on that door is the problem.

I cant get you a cost estimate right now do to I am not at home on my computer. I can get you one tomorrow if that will be alright.

if you have any questions please let me know