Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

10 blazer: I have a 1996 chev..4x4

Customer Question
I have a 1996 chev...
I have a 1996 chev s-10 blazer, 4x4, 4 door, 4.3L. I am have a starting problem. When you turn the key to start, nothing happens. I checked the park neutral switch...OK,but, on 2 different wiring diagrams for the same suv, it shows a yellow wire coming from the ignition switch for start, down to the park-neu switch. I don't have any voltage on the yellow wire at the ignition switch when putting the key switch in the start position. When I jumper and put 12 volts on the yellow wire, I still don't have voltage at the park-neutral switch on the yellow wire. First, is the yellow wire at the ignition the start circuit to the park-neutral switch and is the yellow wire at the park switch the one from the ignition switch? Also, where is the location of the start relay and which one is it? Have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks, Kent
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/26/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 8 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

hi

the starter relay may be the problem purple should be the starter switch wire

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Engine Compartment Wiring (RH Rear)

Starting And Charging - (Crank Fuse 20 Feed)

Starting And Charging - (Starter And Generator)

[ coluem shift]

floor shift

[ ]

Relist: Incomplete answer.
when I click on the image you sent, I get something different than what is shown and...I get something different when I close it out and re open it. Also I ask where the location of the starting relay was and which one. Also...is the purple wire at the ing switch the same wire at the park-neu switch? I would like to see the exploded view of the diagrams you sent.