Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 Cavalier: automatic trans came loose from the tranny..popped…

Customer Question
Ok I have a 2003...
Ok I have a 2003 Cavalier and the cable from the automatic trans came loose from the tranny. I popped it back on but is to loose to stay on. Any sudjestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/25/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

If you are missing that part, it is part number 15699811 and it can be found here, too.

http://www.gm-partscenter.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=215875

Item NumberMSRPCore PricePrice
15699811$9.11$0.00$6.48

CLIP-A/TR

No its right where the cable goes to the tranny. the ball joint. I can slip it on very easy. so now I wrapped a peice of wire to hold it. Can I just get that part or do I need a whole new cable?
I think its the end of the 17?
17 is actually the shifter end, do you mean the other end?
Unless of course you are talking about the cable being loose at the shifter end, then it appears that just snaps on. If it is still loose then you will have to look at in closely to find out if it is the cable end or that part of the shifter or both that is worn.

Look at this diagram I made from that one and tell me if it is what I marked with red 1 and 2 or a and b.

graphic

Yep you got it. The cable end is worn. it will not stay on the arm from the tranny.
Ok, at which spot 1,2 a, or b?
Looks like 1
I was afraid of that. Look at that and see if it is actually welded on or what.