Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 Tahoe: airflow..floor vents..air is cold, all fuses check ok…

I have a 2001 Tahoe...
I have a 2001 Tahoe that I can't control the airflow on. The front is stuck on the dash vents, and the rear is stuck on the floor vents. The problem just started, air is cold, all fuses check ok. Any ideas?

Thanks
Scott
6/25/2010
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician

The problem is faulty mode actuators. The mode actuator for the front a/c unit is located under the drivers side of the dash on the left side of the a/c case.

graphic

The mode actuator for the rear unit is located on the rear a/c case. Removal of the passenger side rear quarter panel interior trim is necessary for access.

graphic

Thanks Dave.....what would make them both fail at the same time?
Purely coincidental. You can try recalibrating the actuators to see if this helps before replacing them. Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds, then reconnect. Start the vehicle, but do not touch any a/c controls for 2 minutes. This will allow the recalibration process to complete. After 2 minutes,check to see if airflow can be directed from vents. If this did not fix anything, replace the actuators.
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Will try that..Thanks again, have a nice day
Thank you for using Just Answer.