Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

4x4..the light came back on, so i replaced the gas cap..same thing…

Customer Question
Hello, i have a 2006...
Hello, i have a 2006 4x4 avanlanche, the check engine came on and i was told the gas cap was bad, so i replaced it and had the light reset, after a day the light came back on, so i replaced the gas cap with another brand, still the same thing, were do i go next, what can it be, seems like something simple thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 8 years ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Chat Conversation Started
GM Tech (Cam) :

Do you know the code number?

Customer:

auto zone said it was b something

Customer:

how do i contact you again, it will be tomorrow before i can get it

GM Tech (Cam) :

reply to this post.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

p 0449 is the code, just got back

GM Tech (Cam) :

Sorry, it did not show the reply. that is a faulty valve. It is mounted over the rear diff. It is called the EVAP vent solenoid.