Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1995 chevy cavalier: It leaks coolant, its not in the oil...my hoses…

Customer Question
I have a 1995 chevy...
I have a 1995 chevy cavalier. It leaks coolant, its not in the oil. I checked all my hoses for breaks or leaks, nothing. First we thought the heater core may be bad. No coolant on the inside passenger floor area. do you have any ideas where this may be coming from? Thank You! Chris Myers
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/21/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic

What you will need to do is go to a parts store and they will loan/rent you a pressure tester to pressure test the cooling system so the leak shows up. It simply connects to the radiator, where the cap goes on, then you pump pressure into the system. The water pump is very common to be the leaking part.

If you have further questions feel free to reply.