Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1995 chevrolet impala: odometer..at 205,000 miles..acceleration..rpm…

Customer Question
I have a 1995 Cheverolet...
I have a 1995 Cheverolet Impala SS. It has been a great car but my odometer went out at 205,000 miles and now it has a flutter in the acceleration. When starting out if i get to a certain rpm the car will flutter and act like it is going to die. But then some times it works great. My husband replaced the fuel filter and the throttle sensor but no luck. It is almost getting dangerous to pull out into traffic because I never know if its going to accellerate well or not. Any suggestions on what to look at next.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/18/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 8 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair
does the engine light come on?if so.can you give me the computer codes?
The check engine light does come on and so does the low oil level but the oil is not low

ok

sense the engine light comes on..there are codes stored in the computer..these codes will give a clue to the problem...you need to scan the computer..if you have no way of scanning..auto zone and most parts stores will scan it and give you the codes for free

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP