cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ase mastertech. shop owner and tech
1511099

1997 Astro AWD: van..pedal bottomed..Corrosion

Customer Question

I hit the brakes hard on my 1997 Astro AWD van and the pedal bottomed when both brake systemes failed at once. Corrosion of the brake lines is probably the cause. Would you suggest renewal of ALL brake lines or just the part that broke? How much work is foreseeable and what is the difficulty factor, if I deside to replace all brake lines?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cartech replied 8 years ago.
i would replace all the lines the lines will be weak you fix one or 2 and the others will blow it will be a few hundred dollars
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How much work is foreseeable and what is the difficulty factor, if I deside to replace all brake lines?
Expert:  cartech replied 8 years ago.
if your planing to do it your self it can be a pain getting the rusted lines loose and bending the new ones then bleeding the system
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I plan to do it myself, will I need to remove the fuel tank etc?
Expert:  cartech replied 8 years ago.
you can usually work around it not having to remove anything other than the skid plates if you have them
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have accepted your answer twice by mistake and I'm being charged twice on my PayPal account???
Expert:  cartech replied 8 years ago.
i will send the refund to the customer service it may take a day or 2 to get the credit
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  cartech replied 8 years ago.
your welcome