Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Access trunk but keys are lock in and trunk release does not work.

Customer Question
Need to access trunk but...
Need to access trunk but keys are lock in and trunk release does not work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/11/2010
Chevy Mechanic: BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic replied 8 years ago
BigBlock434
BigBlock434, Chevy Mechanic
What model please?
4 door 2005 Malibu, 6 cyl, power windows, locks. That is all I know. It is the base model with power.
<p>2005 4 dr base model malibu, with full power</p><p> </p>
Are the seats the same size in the back?
Its a bench seat, so same size as what? It is the standard seat.
I show a 60/40 rear seat and a 50/50 rear seat. Are you sure this is a 2005 Chevy Malibu? Could I have the last eight of your V.I.N. please?
The backrest is 60/40, last eight of vin is 5F284182. The car is not with me but a friend has it so the is a slight delay, Thanks.
Rear Seat Replacement (60 Percent Side)

Removal Procedure

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above image.
  1. Remove the front mounting bolts.
  2. Move the seat full forward and fold the seat back down.

3. Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
  4. Remove the seat belt anchor bolt from the seat frame.

5. Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
  6. Remove the rear mounting bolts.
  7. Remove the seat.

Installation Procedure

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
  1. Install the seat to the vehicle.
  2. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

3. Install the rear mounting bolts.
  4. Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 35 N·m (25 lb ft).

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
  5. Install the seat belt anchor bolt to the seat frame.
  6. Tighten
    Tighten the bolt to 35 N·m (25 lb ft).

7. Move the seat full rearward and open the seat back up.

8. Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
  9. Install the front mounting bolts.
  10. Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 35 N·m (25 lb ft).

The seat is a full bench seat with the back rest being 60/40, so this appears to not be right for this model. As I have said the bench is out, but cannot remove the backrest.
As I explained to you before, I have two designs straight from Generals Motors that states(rear seat replacement(60 percent side) and rear seat replacement(40 percent side). Which one do you have?