Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Driver side window controls only go down for both windows..acc..pwr…

Customer Question
driver side window controls only...
driver side window controls only go down for both windows but will not raise,could this be the retained acc pwr brkr
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/9/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Thomas, Chevy Technician replied 8 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Chevy Technician
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX you already replaced the window switch?
yes same thing though
thought you guy's gave up on me. the windows only go down with the driver side controls,I have to use the passenger side controls to raise the passenger window but the driver side is still down
Sorry about the wait, it sounds like your drivers side switch is bad. Have you tried another one yet?
yes I have changed the switch but have the same result
Ok i looked at the diagram and I think the acc power breaker is the problem or a open wire between it and the switch. If you can check and see if there is power on the yellow wire at your switch you now your on the right road.. I'm including the diagram if you don't have it.graphic
ok I just got into the driver side fuse panel and there is no acc breaker only a pwr relay is this what I need to change?
the breaker is silver and should have 30amp stamped on it.
the only thing I have is a retained acc pwr relay for outside devices,no brkr for inside.could the brkr be somewhere else?
Thats it. you have found it I'm sorry I looked at the diagrams again and thats what it is called
i changed the relay with the same result could it be the fmale plug in on the end of my wiring harness that my switch plugs into?
It could be? Do you have a test light, if so remove the switch and check for power on the yellow wire my guess is the wire is broken in the door jam (were the wires run from the door to the body) I have seen that happen a few times.