Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a factory installed remote starter. The Remote beeps

Customer Question
3 times when I try...
I have a factory installed remote starter. The Remote beeps 3 times when I try to start it from the remote. The only thing I did was change the battery. The doors unlock/lock still work.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/9/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Hal, Chevy Master Tech replied 7 years ago
Hal
Hal, Chevy Master Tech

Do you mean the Horn chirps three times? of the remote itself beeps?

If it the horn chirps three times then there is a GM bulletin to address this issue

The bulletin # XXXXX XXXXX Doc #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

It say when you attempt a remote start and you hear three horn chirps , and park lights flash.

The three horn chirps are the key indicator as to what is wrong.

You would have to have a dealership check the key FOB data list with a TECH 2 scan tool. and perform a RVS function. If the data shows LOCATE when the button is pushed. Instead of START/ RVS/ ENGINE.

the problem has been identified as a internal problem with the key fob itself.

The keyfob should be replaced.

Now since this only occurred after you replaced the battery. Try removing the battery, leave it out of the keyfob for 2-3 min. then make sure it is installed correctly . These battery can be installed upside down.

After reinstalling the battery make sure the remote start function is turned on in the vehicle( go to the owners manual to find out how to operate this feature)

Then make sure all the doors , hood , and hatch doors are closed,

Hit lock and press the start function button. If it starts , great. If not then you will need to take it to a dealer to have then diagnostics performed. Just give them this bulletin number and they should have no problem helping you get to the bottom of it.

I hope this the information you were looking for. If not PLEASE ask follow up questions.

Thank you Hal

Hal
Hal
Hal, Chevy Master Tech