Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

DTC p0059 in my 06 chevy express van and its not the fuse.

Customer Question
DTC p0059 in my 06...
DTC p0059 in my 06 chevy express van and it's not the fuse. Im not good at electrical problems. Have any of you had this? And is it a complex fix?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/3/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician replied 7 years ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
If the O2 sensor A fuse is good, test for power at the passenger side primary O2 sensor pink wire. This is the sensor before the catalytic converter.
There is only one fuse in the 02 sensor circuit. Wouldn't all of the 02 sensors be effected if there was some sort of short in the circuit? And wouldn"t power to the heaters also be effected on all of them?
The schematics show two fuses, A and B. One powers the front O2 sensors, the other powers the post-cat O2 sensors. If the fuse were bad, it would affect more than one sensor. If the problem is past the splice in the circuit, it can affect just one sensor. That's why you should check for power at that sensor.
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician