How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Moore Your Own Question
Michael Moore
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 2956
Experience:  ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
Michael Moore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you replace the map sensor on a 1998 chevy cavalier

Resolved Question:

How do you replace the map sensor on a 1998 chevy cavalier
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 7 years ago.

The MAP sensor is located on the front side of the car under the hood. Its located next to the throttle body. This part does not normally go bad but the vacuum hose from the intake to the sensor does. It will crack and cause a vacuum leak.


Here is the map sensor below, You will have to take off the fresh air hose coming from the air cleaner to the top of the engine.



Object Number: 14994  Size: SH

Michael Moore and 4 other Chevy Specialists are ready to help you