Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop forman Chevy Dealer and Tech for over 10 years. Bumper to bumper all makes over 25 years
12331040

I replace my speedometer cluster will the miles remain the same as

if I replace my speedometer cluster will the miles remain the same as were on the car or will they reflect the miles of the newly replaced speedomter culster?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

No. That info goes with the cluster. I would reccommend a re manufactured cluster and that can be procured through a GM dealer. They can burn in the correct mileage. If the mileage is unknown or cannot be extracted from the meter head, then you will have to start from zero and have a document of unknown mileage if you sell the vehicle.

Scott.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my brother got a new speedometer cluster for his 2002 saturn and when he instaled it the mileage was the same as originally and did not reflect that of the new (used) cluster
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.
The Saturn odometer information is stored in the Saturn BCM. Your vehicle is not equipped that way. Your best bet is if the information is still in the meter head. That is why a re manufactured unit or sending the unit out to be repaired is always the best bet to see if that info can be captured.