How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GM Tech (Cam) Your Own Question
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 29520
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
GM Tech (Cam) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what type of sealer is gm part # 12346004 is it silicon, atv,rtv

Customer Question

what type of sealer is gm part # XXXXX? is it silicon, atv,rtv etc? for high temp app what is best
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.
Greetings and Welcome to Just answer. THat is a thread sealant. It is best used to seal the threads on such things as the block plugs, coolant sensor, oil sensor and other threads that need sealing.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i know that, the first guy couldn't answer it either. WHAT TYPE has the best heat reistance properties. not the gm part #. the dealers are closed today! anaerobic? rtv? silicon? is teflon tape ok?
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.

TO answer that, I need to know what you are sealing in and against? IS this for coolant, oil, is it at the manifold, What can you tell me?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
excellent. sorry i thought you saw orig ? i asked 1. any tips on removing seized ect sensor on 4.3 2002 s10 and 2. best (closest in chemical composition to gm part #) heat resistant sealer for reinstall
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.
I have not had problems removing the sensor. All I can suggest is a pipe wrench or vice grips You can use Teflon, but the pipe sealant past that has Teflon in it, meaning the part number you listed is the best I have found or the equivalent from the part store.