Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS coupe that is locking and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS coupe that is "locking and unlocking" its doors on it's own. I have pulled the power door lock fuse and it is still happening. I would like to disable the Remote keyless entry but I am unsure which fuse to pull. Suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don - Mo Lurch replied 7 years ago.

Right side of console is the BCM / Fuse / Relay center

Remove Fuse # XXXXX
Otherwise the BCM needs to be tested for function control, as the relays are built into it & something is triggering the Door Locks, like a Door Switch, Key signal, etc.

graphic

Edited by Lurch on 3/13/2010 at 5:46 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had already pulled that fuse. Is there a use that controls the bdm and if so, what functions will i lose if i pull it? The objective is to limp through the weekend until i can get it to the shop on Monday

You cannot disable the BCM..........
Car will not start, run or components will not operate

You need to determine the cause & use of Dealer Scan tool is the best way
Power to Door Locks is supplied thru Fuse & operation is supplied thru BCM

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is there more than one BCM and can I buy a replacement at the local Auto parts store?

One BCM & some Auto Parts may be able to get, but you "still" need Dealer Scan Tool to "program"
Have the Dealer scan Vehicle & check BCM / Door Locks, prior to replacing any parts