Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier, Technician
Experience:  35 Years experience specializing in A/C Repairs and Diagnostics exclusively to GM dealerships
13857296

I HAVE A 2004 CHEVY IMPALA AND THE A/C WILL NOT TURN OFF, EVEN

I HAVE A 2004 CHEVY IMPALA AND THE A/C WILL NOT TURN OFF, EVEN AFTER I TURN OFF THE CAR THE A/C KEEPS RUNNING. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?( I'VE ALREADY CHECKED THE FUSES)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 7 years ago.
When you say it doesn't turn off , is the heater/ A/C control head still illuminated after the key is off ? Or when the engine is running and the control is in the " OFF " position the fan stops blowing , but the compressor on the motor keeps turning ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, the inside fan head is luminated while the car is on and turns off normally when the car is off, but the fan will not turn off while i am driving or after the car turns off. infact it is still blowing right now. When i turn the head to turn it off while driving, it does nothing. Also, itseems like the more i push the gas pedal the more the air blows
Take a look in the fuse panel under the hood to see if the re is a fuse labeled " HVAC/BLOWER ( 30 amp ) if you find it take out to see if the blower stops .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, that worked, it turned off, but do we know what the problem is overall?
The blower fan is controlled by a " Blower Motor Control Processor " . The fuse supplies power to the processor . You are pretty much stuck with needing to connect to a Scan tool to determine whether the processor is being " commanded " to stay on by the BCM or the A/C - Heater control or if the request " is " being turned on & off ( by the BCM &/or the A/C - Heater control ) but the processor is " stuck " on .