Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

tried to remove fuel lines from fuel pump and i could not get

Customer Question

tried to remove fuel lines from fuel pump and i could not get them free, the tool for this would not fit properly and as result they broke off in line. HOW DO I GET THEM OUT.......... its a 1999 chevy surburban 2500
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 years ago.

What kind of tool was it? Did it look like this?

What line are you having a problem with? Is it a rubber hose, metal line that uses that type fitting that that tool fits or just a regular flare fitting?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried two types of tools,one as shown by you and one of the plier types. It is the two braided lines from the fuel pump,they have that fitting that require theese tools, had trouble getting the tool in there, and broke off inside fittings....thanks I need help.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 years ago.

So what you are saying you are going to somehow have to fish out that broken piece of the tool from inside the fuel line fitting? Try a piece of mechanics wire or a cotter pin puller. Looks like this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the tool did not brake the two fittings on the fuel pump broke. and are now stuck inside,there the only thing keeping me from installing the tank.. thanks
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 years ago.

Inside the tank? Seems the only way to get that out would be to take the tank completely off the vehicle and turn it upside down. Do you need new clamps?

Seen here #14.

http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=1&year=1999&artnbr=TC03-120&artsfx=NULL&supplgroup=NULL&catcode=54C&modelcode=C&makecode=LC&modelseries=310&uid=1&modelid=6596&capuid=1&majorgroup=03&grouptype=B

Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 years ago.

They have them here, too.

#25526358
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

GM PART # 25526358
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $3.51
OUR PRICE: $2.08

DESCRIPTION: CLAMP