Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2003 chevy: cigar lighter is not working fuse are not blow .any

Customer Question

my 2003 chevy express cigar lighter is not working fuse are not blow .any suggestions
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
in the under hood fuse box the CIGAR fuse #30 15amp is good? and its the cigar lighter correct?not the auxiliary power outlet thats not working?do you have a test light or a multi meter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
both outlets are not working and both have good fuses in them #30 has a 30 amp #29 has a 25 amp .I dont have a light or multimeter meter has dead battery right now .
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
we need to see if we have power on both sides of those fuses in the under hood fuse box.if we do not then we go one way with it and if we do have power at both sides of both fuses then we go another way with our diagnosis.here is the schematicgraphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ill get my meter up and check it out
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok pretty simple circuit..you get the meter up and running we will have it fixed in no time using the schematic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i do have power at both fuses but nothing at lighters
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
ok now go to the outlets with your meter and on DC voltage put one lead of the meter inside to the center tip(look in the outlet) and other to the metal side and see if you have voltage at both right at the outlets
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have power at fuse box and at wires that plug into cigar lighter but nothing thru lighter do those go bad?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 years ago.
yes.if you have power going into the lighter housing then the housing is bad.they burn out