Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

1998 Blazer: New 185 thermostat and RDO fuse reset..Whats next

1998 Blazer with no heat...
1998 Blazer with no heat. New 185 thermostat and RDO fuse reset did not help. Whats next?
2/7/2010
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to help you.

are the lines to the heater core near the firewall both hot or only one???

does the fan blow strong?

Fan is good. The hose from the top of the water pump is not so warm, the other is warm.
Clogged core?
yes thats what im getting at. the blazers are famous for the DEX-COOL antifreeze to clog the core up. and flushing doesnt help so if the hoses going up to the core are warm or hot and you get no heat output then the core will need to be changed,Lou.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

I switched coolants when I bought it 6 years ago, back to the green stuff. Can the flush be a do-it yourself job?

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician