BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2002 chevy tahoe with a P0446 code. I have located

I have a 2002 chevy tahoe with a P0446 code. I have located the evap cannister about mid vehicle with 3 hoses coming off pointing towards the front. They all look connected but float back and forth alittle. I tried unsuccessfully to dissconnect them to see if any fuel would come out of the cannister to rule that out. Is there a special tool needed to disconnect them, where could I purchase one? I also tried to locate the purge and vent solenoids but was unable to do so, any ideas on where these are located? When I fill up the vehicle and unscrew the gas cap I can always hear air escaping. Any info or tips to solve this code would be appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 7 years ago.
Hello consensus2000, this is a problem with the evap vent valve. It is common on this vehicle due to it's location. It is located under the vehicle on the frame cross member as shown. It is #1. You need to replace this solenoid and this should solve your problem.

graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is there a larger view diagram to help locate this alittle better? Or tell me where about it is located, is it near the back of the gas tank?

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 7 years ago.
It is located near the evap canister on the tube crossmember of the frame.