Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevy s10: 2.2 liter, code po303, cylinder 3 misfire

2000, chevy s10, 2.2 liter, code po303, cylinder 3 misfire. Has anyone else had this problem, is it common? What is the cause and how do I fix it? I have already tried switching the cylinders around to see if that would do anything, and it did not, the problem remains the same. What should I do?

If you have switched the cylinders, and the problem remains on #3, then you may have a faulty fuel injector. Unplug the electrical connector to injector #3 and take an Ohms reading. The resistance value should be 1.95 - 2.3 ohms at room temperature.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I switched the injectors around and I came up with the same code, how can it be that injector. I didnt switch cylinders I switched in jectors, i put injector 3 into 1 and 1 into 3.

You swapped injectors? I though you meant you swapped plug wires (its the easier of the 2 to swap) Sorry. Next step is to check for spark coming out of the coil pack for cylinder #3. With the engine running, remove the spark plug wire and see if there is spark jumping.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX paying the bill now, sorry it took so long, I needed to make sure there werent any other follow up questions. The problem turned out to be the coil, I believe there is something wrong with it, a crack in it or something, I'm not the one that looked at it, my father did and thats what he said. Thank you.

Very common for these coils to go bad. Its a nice, easy fix. Have a great day.