ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

what could cause my chevy tahoe to overheat

what could cause my chevy tahoe to overheat?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 7 years ago.
IT could be anything.. Since he engine is overheated, it WILL need a thermostat.. which may or may not fix the problem by itself. So it is necessary to run through a test.. This brings me to an article I wrote a while back explaining how to diagnose an overheating engine. Here is a link to that article, it will take you through some basic steps you can do to find out why your engine is overheating. If you still haven't quite nailed down the problem afer you go through the test procedure, then just come back o your question here and let me know what you found.. same goes if you find the problem and need instructions on the repair.

So, make sure to click Accept so I can get credit for helping you.. and then if you still need help after that.. just let me know and I will help all I can. Fair? Cool
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks got the link,from just reading that i think i need to replace my water pump because i just remembered that i had my heat turned up to 90 and it just blew cold air.
This can be verified by touching the heater hoses.. and the radiator hoses.. if one is hot and the other is cold, then there is a circulation problem in the system.. You should still change the thermostat, though.. just because the engine overheated.

Don't forget to click Accept so I can get credit for helping you!