Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2002 Chevrolet Venture: abs light stays..speedometer..shifting

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Venture. The dash instruments all stopped working but the idiot light will cycle through with "Security, Red "battery" light, and low fuel light" runnning, Also the ABS light stays on and Air Bag light stays on. The speedometer does not run or the PND321 shifting lights do not show up. The temperature guage does not work. The radio does not turn on and the digital thermometer, how many miles to go before filling with gas, gas milage, etc gauge does not work. It does show S (meaning South) and has theses lines --- on the display. The odometer continues to work. I checked the fuses under the hood and inside the vehicle and none seem to be tripped. Anyone have a suggestion?
Sounds like you have a bad ignition switch. Not powering up certain circuits. You can verify this using a test lamp. Turn the key on and check for power on the fuses in the fuse panel. If you find several of them that are not getting power, replace the ignition switch.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Will this make it come and go? It stopped working on Christmas day than it started working fine that night. I has worked Saturday, Sunday, and then stopped again today.
If the ignition switch has bad contacts, the problem can be intermittent. Shutting the key off and restarting the car can make the problem go away or reappear.