Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Oil pressure gauge..gauge goes..a 2003 Silverado with 149,000 miles

My oil pressure gauge goes up to 80 when I turn the key on but not started and also after it is started and running. It is at 0 when it is off. It is a 2003 Silverado with 149,000 miles. Oil pressure sender problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi

yes,this sounds as if you have a bad oil presure sender..it seems to be shorted out

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Engine Oil Pressure (EOP) Sensor

At the rear of the engine on the left side of the center