Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Replace heater core 2000 s10

replace heater core 2000 s10
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

At what stage in the process are you at? Have you removed the entire instrument panel as required yet? Have you removed the HVAC housing ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

All I have is the access panels on bottom of the dash. The hoses are also disconnected. I am looking for a way to pivot the dash according to the Haynes manual

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

HI,

Ok, give me about 10 minutes and I am going to upload all directions, which will include diagrams. Unfortunately, Haynes manuals are notorious for being short on information for the bigger repairs such as this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok, thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

Below are directions for the instrument panel, hvac housing, and heater core. Directions are in pdf file format(adobe reader). Simply click on each blue highlighted word to open and download:

INSTRUMENT PANEL

HVAC HOUSING

HEATER CORE

Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.

Did you need any further help or diagrams? If so, please ask for help, otherwise click the Accept Button to pay for services

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX days I got it back together, heater working. Thank you very much.

Tim