Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

2002 chevy venture: that is running hot and loses power..radiator

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Chev Venture that is running hot and loses power. I had a difficult time getting home with the vehicle. Could the problem be with the thermostat and/or the radiator. I looked in the engine compartment and could not see where the thermostat housing is located. Any assistance you can provide me will be appreciated very much.
Submitted: 7 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 7 years ago.
First check the coolant level. These tend to leak from the intake gasket and run low on coolant from that. The thermostat is under the upper manifold plenum and is quite hard to get to. If the manifold gasket is leaking, make sure a new thermostat is installed when the manifold is off.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO. HOPEFULLY, I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
Expert:  Ted G. replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for using JA, if you have any further questions, please return to this thread and ask.