Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

97 Cavalier: it rains..freezing outside, the car starts right up

Customer Question
Why won't my 97 Cavalier...
Why won't my 97 Cavalier start when it rains? As long as it is freezing outside, the car starts right up.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chevy
12/1/2009
Chevy Mechanic: cartech, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
i need to no does it turn over when it dont start ar is it the starter not turning the engine
Yes, it does turn over. If I keep trying, I can sometimes get it started. However, if I take a blowdryer and hold it over the engine and on all the wires toward the back, I can get it started. I know something is getting moisture. I have already had the control box replaced and its not it. I've had it on the diagnostic machine and nothing shows up. Now the starter is eating up the flywheel which I cannot afford to get fixed. No Technician find find whats causing the problem.

plug wires are a common problem with this type of no start

cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
cartech
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician