Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

99 Suburban: owners manual..brake lights..the hood..relay

No owners manual for 99 Suburban, where is the fuse located for the brake lights? I checked under the hood and the only thing I saw was for the brake relay, thanks...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 years ago.

hi

it is a 10amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood,,,#17

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Application and ID
Fuse
icon_note_blank.gif Notes Underhood Junction Block
icon_note_blank.gif Notes

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Appreciate your answer but my fuse box is laid out completely different. I only have two 10 amp fuses and they both look good. Looking from over the driver side front end, the top of the box has three relays, starter, ac and fuel pump all in a row. Have any other diagrams?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The diagram diifers from my fuse box. I have three relays in a row (starter, fuel pump and brake) at the top of the box looking at it from the drivers side over the bumper. Any other diagrams?

ok

hmmm

lets give this a try,,check under the insrument panel,,fuse#1

thanks

I/P Fuse Block
Application and ID
IP Fuse Block
IP Fuse Block

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ah, found it and it is blown. Can I use a 25 or 30 amp, I just picked the truck up a couple of months ago and it has been replaced once before, a couple of weeks ago. Thanks...

ok

i would not use over a 15amp just in case you have a bad short somewhere,,it would be best for the fuse to blow then to burn up something

thanks