How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George H. Your Own Question
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 18820
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
George H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2001 chevy: I need to change a heater hose connector..firewall..tool

Customer Question

I need to change a heater hose connector on a 2001 chevy silverado. It is connect to the firewall on the truck. I need to know if there is a tool to take the old one off to replace it. It is the white hose connector
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,


A Lisle removal set that you can purchase at most auto parts stores will allow you to slide the remover along the pipe inside the connector and release the connector




There is a Jiffy Tite removal set but I have not seen them in the stores. These seem to be everywhere and they work almost as well as the dedicated removal tool


Let me know if you have further questions about this


Thank you



George H. and 4 other Chevy Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that I can find it in the store. How does the connector seals. It only has an O-ring inside the connector. It must be a very tight fit because it seems that that is not much of a seal and would leak. Do I have to by some sealer to insure that it does not leak.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

You do not have to use sealer, the pressure will force the O ring seal tight and that will seal fine it just snaps on and you are done