How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Auto Inspector Your Own Question
Your Auto Inspector
Your Auto Inspector, Assistant Service Manager
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 874
Experience:  ASE Certified Parts and Service Specialist
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
Your Auto Inspector is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chevy: radiator..drain plug..a garden hose if you took these bolts out

Customer Question

where is the radiator drain plug on a chevy express? also please what are these upper and lower bolts on the side of the radiator facing the motor, they look like you could connect a garden hose if you took these bolts out? Thank you very much for your time and consideration and have a wonderfull evening!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Your Auto Inspector replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you.


The radiator drain plug is located at the base of the radiator in the plastic bottle. Please refer to the diagram below:




Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my chevy express radiator does not have a plastic bottle on the bottom of it
Expert:  Your Auto Inspector replied 8 years ago.

By plastic bottle I mean the plastic sides to the radiator. They are called bottles.


The drain plug is on the base of the plastic bottle on the left side.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i do not have a bottle on the bottom of my radiator
Expert:  Your Auto Inspector replied 8 years ago.

I have included a picture of your radiator below. The parts on the left and right sides of the radiator are the bottles. They are not on the bottom of the radiator but on each side of the radiator. The part that connects the bottles is called the radiator core.




Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.