Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

what are the torque specifications for (k2500 ) 6.5 turbo

what are the torque specifications...
what are the torque specifications for
(k2500 ) 6.5 turbo diesel engine?
9/7/2009
Tim's Auto Repair

hi

these are to tourqe at 41psi

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Rocker Arms

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

4.8L Engines

See Figure 1

1. Remove the rocker arm cover.
  2. Remove the rocker arm nut.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 1: Rocker arm components-gasoline engines

1. Remove the rocker arm and ball.

To install:

1. Coat the replacement rocker arm with Molykote® or its equivalent, and the rocker arm and pivot with SAE 90 gear oil, and install the pivots.
  2. Install the nut. See the valve lash adjustment procedure later in this section.
  3. Install the cover.

4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L and 7.4L Engines

See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5

1. Remove the cylinder head cover.
  2. Remove the rocker arm nut. If you are only replacing the pushrod, back the nut off until you can swing the rocker out of the way.
  3. Remove the rocker arms and balls as a unit.

Always remove each set of rocker arms (one set per cylinder) as a unit.

1. Lift out the pushrods and pushrod guides.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 2: Remove the rocker arm nut

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 3: Remove the rocker arms

To install:

1. Install the pushrods and their guides. Make sure that they seat properly in each lifter.
  2. Position a set of rocker arms (for one cylinder) in the proper location.

Install the rocker arms for each cylinder only when the lifters are off the cam lobe and both valves are closed.

2. Install the nuts and tighten alternately as detailed in the valve lash adjustment procedure later in this section.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 4: Tag the pushrods before removal, as they must be installed in the same order

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 5: A piece of cardboard may be used to hold the pushrods in order

6.2L and 6.5L Diesel Engines

See Figures 6 and 7

Rotate the engine until the mark on the crankshaft balancer is at the 2 o'clock position. Rotate the crankshaft counterclockwise 31/2in. (88mm) aligning the crankshaft balancer mark with the first lower water pump bolt, about the 12:30 position. This will ensure that no valves are close to a piston crown

1. Remove the cylinder head cover.
  2. The rocker assemblies are mounted on two short rocker shafts per cylinder head, with each shaft operating four rockers. Remove the two bolts which secure each rocker shaft assembly, and remove the shaft. Mark the shafts so they can be installed in their original locations.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 6: Rocker shaft assembly-diesel engines

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 7: Removing the rocker arm retainers

1. Remove the pushrods. The pushrods MUST be installed in the original direction! A paint stripe usually identifies the upper end of each rod, but if you can't see it, make sure to mark each rod yourself.
  2. Insert a small prybar into the end of the rocker shaft bore and break off the end of the nylon retainers. Pull off the retainers with pliers and then slide off the rockers.

To install:

1. Make sure first that the rocker arms and springs go back on the shafts in the exact order in which they were removed. Its a good idea to coat them with engine oil.
  2. Center the rockers on the corresponding holes in the shaft and install new plastic retainers using a 1 / 2 in. (13mm) drift.
  3. Install the pushrods with their marked ends up.
  4. Install the rocker shaft assemblies and make sure that the ball ends of the pushrods seat themselves in the rockers.
  5. Rotate the engine clockwise until the mark on the torsional damper aligns with the 0 on the timing tab. Rotate the engine counterclockwise 3 1 / 2 in. (88mm) measured at the damper. You can estimate this by checking that the mark on the damper is now aligned with the FIRST lower water pump bolt. BE CAREFUL! This ensures that the piston is away from the valves.
  6. Install the rocker shaft bolts and tighten them to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
  7. Install the cylinder head cover.
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic