Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2003 chevy monte carlo: 3.4 ls and my radio is locked..unlock

Customer Question
i have a 2003 chevy...
i have a 2003 chevy monte carlo 3.4 ls and my radio is locked. do you know how to unlock it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
6/27/2009
Chevy Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 8 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

hi

lets give this a try

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Unlocking the Theft-Deterrent Feature After a Power Loss

Enter the code as follows; pause no more than 15 seconds between steps.

1. Turn ON the ignition. LOC will appear on the display.
  2. Press MN and 000 will appear on the display.
  3. Press MN again to make the last two digits agree with your code.
  4. Press HR to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.
  5. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show SEC, indicating the radio is now operable and secure.

Entering the incorrect code eight times will cause INOP to appear on the
display. Wait an hour with the ignition in the ON position before you try again. When you try again, you will have three more chances (eight tries per chance) to enter the correct code before INOP appears.

Deactivating the Theft-Deterrent Feature

1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON.
  2. Turn OFF the radio.
  3. Press the 1 and 4 buttons together. Hold them down until SEC shows on the display.
  4. Press MN and 000 will appear on the display.
  5. Press MN again to make the last two digits agree with your code.
  6. Press HR to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.
  7. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show --- ,indicating that the radio is no longer secured.

Entering the incorrect code will cause SEC to appear on the display. The radio will remain secured until the correct code is entered.

When battery power is removed and later applied to a secured radio, the radio will not turn on and LOC appears on the display. .

Tim's Auto Repair
how do i obtain secret code

hi

you should have the code...i will opt out and let one of our other guys help you with this

thanks

ok
Chevy Mechanic: ssnyder, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
ssnyder
ssnyder, ASE Certified Technician
hello the last tech was correct thats how you get the info but then you must be a dealer and call the gm 1 800 number and get the security code i can do it for you but i cant make the call until monday and i would need the six digits you pull out of the radio ok
ok but i cant pull out any #s i've tried what they've told me and nothing comes out. how do i get these numbers out

ok here try this way

GM DELCO THEFTLOCK RADIO UNLOCK CODE:
1. Press and hold presets 2 and 3 for about 5 to 10 seconds until you
get 3 digits on your display. This is the first 3 of 6 digits you will
need, so write 'em down.
2. After doing step one and writing down the code, immediately press
the
AM/FM button to get the last 3 of the 6 numbers you'll need, and write
'em down. (if you wait too long between steps 1 and 2 and the LOC code
displays again, just start over).

Then after you get the numbers give them to me i will call gm in the morning and then get you the unlock code then you need to follow this so print this out

too

Follow the normal procedure in your owners manual for unlocking the
radio with your new code...press the hour set button on your radio
until
you get the first two numbers of the code, then press the minute set
button until you've entered the last two numbers. Immediately press
the
AM/FM button once the correct code is entered and the code SEC or
"secured" will be displayed on the display screen. Now, just turn the
radio on, and your ready to roll.
There is an additional step you can take to remove all codes from the
radio and start from scratch by entering your own personalized 4 digit
code so that it won't get you in a pickle again! Just repeat step 4
and
you should get a display screen that reads ---. This means the code is
out, and you can now program your own code. Of course, once you
receive
the 4 digit code from the GM recorded message, just keep it in a safe
place, because you can use that same code again and again should you
have any more problems with it in the future. Good luck, and yes, it
does work.

if you get the numbers give them to me tonite ill call and see if i can get the unlock code tonite ok
ive tried pressing these numbers the 2 and 3 and nothing happens the display only says LOCKED with the time next to it. am i suppose to have the car on acc on or how cause i've done almost everything and i cant obtain any numbers on my display. please help
one more thing my radio is a RDS radio system are these able to be unlocked?
one more thing my radio is a RDS rsdio system are these able to be unlocked?
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic