Michael Moore
Michael Moore, GM MASTER/WORLD CLASS. ASE MASTER
Experience:  ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.
4232346

2002 Chevy Tahoe radio is locked. I was able to get one code

2002 Chevy Tahoe radio is locked. I was able to get one code but not a second.
Perform this proceedure and give me the code you get from the radio and I can get the unlock code for you.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Press and hold the radio preset buttons 2 and 3 for approximately 8 seconds until the first 3 digits of the backup code are displayed on the radio.
  3. Record the displayed code.
  4. Press and hold the AM/FM push button until the second 3 digits are displayed on the radio.
  5. Record the displayed code.

Could you successfully extract the code?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
first code is 662, second code is 674.
The radio unlock code is 1715

Important:: If 8 unsuccessful tries are made to unlock the radio, the display will return to the LOC display, but when the SET button is pressed, INOP will be displayed. This means that the radio must be left powered up for 1 hour with the battery and the ignition applied before any more attempts to unlock the radio can be made. Anytime INOP is displayed, 3 more attempts will be allowed after the 1 hour waiting period with the battery and ignition applied.

1. Ensure that the code to be used is correct.
  2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  3. Press the MN button for Avalanche, Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Denali /Seek right button for Escalade until 000 is displayed.
  4. Press and hold the HR button for Avalanche, Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Denali / Seek left button for Escalade until the last 2 digits agree with the code.
  5. Press and hold the MN button forTahoe, Denali / Seek right for Escalade until the first 2 digits agree with the code.
  6. Press the AM/FM button when the complete code is displayed. If REP appears on the display, repeat this step.

Did you successfully complete the action?