Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

Having trouble with my 2008 impala. battery keeps draining,

Having trouble with my 2008 impala. battery keeps draining, no xm radio (just quit working) no sound,clock won't work, turn signals will blink but no clicking sound. Has a clicking noise in the inside fuse block,have checked all fuses none were blown. Don't know how to check for the relays.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 8 years ago.
the best thing to do is take to the dealer because a battery drain is very complicated. now if you have any after market accessories on the car thats the problem, if you remove the fuses that supply them the drain will go away. now if not the most common cause for the battery drain is the remote control door lock receiver. to locate a drain, you must first remove the keys and turn every thing off, close the doors, remove 1 battery cable, install a ammeter between the battery and removed cable, after 5 minutes the amps should show less than .070 amps, if more the fuses will have to be removed 1 at a time to narrow down a system. good luck. and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN