Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

1986 corvette: blower motor..fuse box, OK checked 5 amp fuse..engages

1986 corvette, digital AC.

Fan blower motor does not run.
Jump power to motor, it works
checked 3 amp fan fuse in fuse box, OK
checked 5 amp fuse on firwall near blower, OK
control panel lights up, fan speed increments up the scale, can set to 10 in manual, no results
AC compressor engages.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

That can very well be the blower module, (resistor) but you may want to check the relay as well. There is a fuse link that powers the blower module, so check for power at the red wire to make sure it's not blown. Here are the locations of them along with a wiring diagram.

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Super, I agree, I did not find a blower relay in the area so I'm assuming that it is not there with blower control module. The schematics are great explains a lot, looks like if there is power to the module it must be the module.With $160 for a blower control module, it's good to check with the experts first. Thanks! Well worth the diagnosis.