Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

possible problems for trouble code P410

Customer Question
possible problems for trouble code P410
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Chevy
5/27/2009
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 years ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Chevy?
-What model is your Chevy?
-How many miles are on your Chevy?
-What type of engine is in your Chevy?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
2000 S-10 157,000 miles 2.2 liter put direct voltage to pump motor it ran
you sure its code p410 i dont show that as a valid code for your truck
yes P410 secondary air something the pump is located below radeator on the passinger side

ok i located a tsb on this i had to di in the data base here goes

Emissions - SES/MIL Lamp ON/DTC P0410 Set
Notes

Bulletin No.: 04-06-04-015A

Date: November 28, 2006

TECHNICAL

Subject:
LN2, L43 or L35 Engine SES/MIL Light Illuminated, AIR Pump Ingesting Water and DTC P0410 Set (Replace AIR Pump and Inlet Hose Assembly)

Models:
1999-2003 Chevrolet Blazer, S10
1999-2001 GMC Jimmy
1999-2003 GMC Sonoma
1999-2001 Oldsmobile Bravada

with Vortec 2.2L I4 or 4.3L V6 Engine (VINs 4, 5, W - RPOs LN2, L43, L35)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to remove a part number and change the two AIR pump part numbers in the Parts Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-06-04-015 (Section 06 - Engine/Propulsion System).

Condition

Some customers may comment on the SES/MIL light being illuminated. Upon investigation, the technician may find a DTC P0410 indicating that there is a concern in the secondary air injection system.

Cause

Water may have collected in the AIR pump or the vent solenoid and frozen or corroded the pump.

Correction

Replace the AIR pump and install a new inlet hose and solenoid tube assembly using the following procedure:

Raise the vehicle on a hoist.

Remove the shield covering the AIR pump.

Remove the hose and vacuum lines from the pump and solenoid.

Remove the AIR pump inlet hose. Do not re-use the hose.

Disconnect the electrical connectors from the pump and solenoid.

Remove the pump mounting bolts and pump.

Transfer the isolators from the old pump to the new pump.

Install the new AIR pump and bolts to the vehicle.

Tighten

Tighten the bolts to 17 N.m (12.5 lb ft).

Route the new hose assembly up between the engine and fender. The hose should come up near the area between the battery and the coolant bottle.

Connect the new inlet hose to the pump inlet.

Connect the old outlet hose to the pump outlet.

Connect the electrical connector to the pump.

Connect the electrical connector for the solenoid to the connector on the new hose assembly.

Connect the hose with the white nipple to the vacuum source hose.

Connect the remaining hose to the shut off valve.

Install the shield covering the AIR pump.

Lower the vehicle.

Remove the coolant reservoir nut nearest the battery.

Route the new hose assembly between the battery and the coolant reservoir with the solenoid on top.

Install the solenoid bracket onto the coolant reservoir stud and reinstall the nut back into the vehicle.

Use a wire tie to keep the new hose assembly away from the engine. On four cylinder engines, tie to the AIR outlet hose. On six cylinder engines, tie to an available hole in the radiator fan shroud.

Parts Information

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use the table.

i jumped the pump directly and it worked
Ok but have you checked it for water ingestion?
no
I would the hoses may be filled with water
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy