RICK
RICK, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 YEARS GM DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE, JUST A FEW TESTS BEFORE GM WORLD CLASS STATUS
13057657

95 Chevy: stays..the key off, draining the battery..Whats

95 Chevy S 10, clock stays on with the key off, draining the battery. Whats the problem and how do we fix it?

hiCustomer

common problem on this vehicle, internal radio problem only way to repair is replace radio, only other option is pull fuse 13 when parking vehicle, could put inline toggle switch between fuse and radio to shut off power to radio, but in either case radio memory for clock and station will be gone each time, only other option is radio replacement

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Rick,
Is fuse 13 the radio fuse? I can't access the truck at this moment, but we have pulled the radio fuse and the clock stays on. It's as if the fuse is for a built in amp and I thought there may be some relay involved. What's your thoughts?

HI, two radio fuses, 11 powers radio on and off, 13 for internal power running display