ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Chevrolet. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259

where is the fuse box on my 2007 chevy colorado pu

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer!

I would like to help, but I need to know which engine is in your Colorado.. and.. maybe which fuse you are looking for??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is a 4 cyl. and i am trying to figure out why my brake lites quit working, the bulbs are good so I wanted to check and see if maybe a fuse went bad
OK.. that makes sense..

OK.. the fuse box is there under the hood next to the battery:
The one for the brake lights is fuse 1.. also named 'STOP'
Component #6 in the diagram is the fuse box:
graphic
Here is a view of the fuses:
graphic
graphic
If the fuse is good...... the most likely culprit is an out of adjustment (or just plain bad) brake light switch.. It is at the top of the brake pedal.. Component #6 in the following diagram:
graphic
The connector (component #5) has 2 wires going to it.. Terminal 1 is hot (from the fuse box), and terminal 2.. goes on out to the brake lights... terminals 3 & 4 are not used:
graphic
Here is how to adjust it, if it is getting power.. and has continuity when the brake pedal is applied:
graphic
graphic

That should get you where you need to be. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Hope it helps!