ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

How do you reset the passlock on a 1998 chevy blazer

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.

There is a relearn so if the computer lost the programming some how or if a component was replaced it can be reset, the process is below.

1. Perform a security system relearn. 2. Let the vehicle sit for more than 10 minutes with the key off. 3. Attempt to start the engine, leave the key in the run position monitoring the security system indicator. 4. After 10 minutes, the security indicator will change state. 5. Turn the key off and wait 10 seconds. 6. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine stalls, wait another 10 minutes with the key on. 7. After the second 10 minute timer has expired, turn the key off for 10 seconds. 8. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine stalls, wait another 10 minutes with the key on. 9. After the 3rd 10 minute timer has expired, shut the key off for 10 seconds. 10. The security system will relearn on the 4th starting attempt and the engine should start and run.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I keep getting that I have not paid for the advice. When I have put the payment on my charge card. My daughter is stranded two hundred miles away from me. My son is traveling from detroit to help his sister. I certainly appreciate the information that was given me. If the technician has not recieved his pay please contact me. I will check with my bank first thing in the morning.

Thank you

Clinton Wallace

Expert:  ZZDaryl replied 8 years ago.
I was given credit, thank you.