BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

HOW DO YOU RESET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON A CHEVY SILVERADO 4.3 1500

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  BigBob replied 8 years ago.
Greetings,

What year is it?

Bob
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
im sorry its a 2000
Expert:  BigBob replied 8 years ago.
Greetings,

There is no clearing procedure without a compatible scan tool for your truck.
Without Scan Tool

PROCEDURE
A Tech II or equivalent Scan tool must be used to clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from the PCM memory. When clearing DTCs, follow the instructions supplied by the Scan tool manufacturer.

NOTES:

• Do not clear the DTCs unless directed to do so by the service information provided for each diagnostic procedure. All of the diagnostic data that was saved along with the DTC (freeze frame data and/or malfunction history records) which may be helpful for some diagnostic procedures will be erased from the memory when the DTCs are cleared.
  • Interrupting PCM battery voltage to clear DTCs is NOT recommended and will not clear MIL.

You can in most states go to a major auto parts store and they will read it for you, they should also clear it for you.

let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,
Bob

my information is not free, I have to pay for it, please don’t forget to accept, I don’t get paid until you do, because you made a deposit does not mean you have paid